Saturday, January 8, 2011

World rockin'

I'm sitting here watching 'Sex & the City', the TV show, not the movie(s). I've been feeling crappy all day which equates to me laying around doing nothing but surfing the web (do people still say that?) and pretending to do homework.

I've recently stumbled across a Tumblr that I sorta love and while I'm still figuring out Tumblr, this one I really like. Mostly because I think the girl is based in the UK so it's all sorts of pretty British boys and women. She did a post (or posts.....fucking Tumblr) about 20 things that, quote, rocked her world in 2010. I've had way too much happen last year to come up with 20 things so I'll just see how many I can come up with before I feel too tired/lazy/sick to keep going.

1 - Old movies. My very lovely friend, S, has gotten me into old movies in a big way. She's forced me (many times by bribe) to watch certain things and I'm so glad she did. A few you need to watch are Casablanca, Rebecca, East of Eden, Splendor in the grass, Rebel without a cause, Cat on a hot tin roof, The Heiress, The snake pit, Sunset Boulevard, and A place in the sun. There's probably several that I'm leaving out but, I'm telling you, I watched a ton of movies last year.

2 - Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That's all you need to know.

3 - Las Vegas. See previous post entitled 'The Business'.

4 - Skins. Again, see previous post.

5 - Florence and the Machine. You must get the album. But only if you want to know what amazing sounds like.

6 - Sarah Bareilles. With lyrics like 'Jump start my kaleidoscope heart, love to watch the colors fade. They may not make sense, but they sure as hell made me' and songs like 'City' she's become one of my all time favorite singer/song writers. Ever.

7 - Glee. Enough said.

8 - Spring Awakening. Now I've always loved the theater, mostly musical theater. With my obsession for Glee, I did some research on Lea Michele, I learned that she was in a played called Spring Awakening and after listening to the songs and watching videos on YouTube, I fell in love. You must check it out. Wonderful songs with a beautiful and heartbreaking story.

9 - Wicked. I'm really late to the Wicked scene but the hetro life mate bought me a ticket to go see it with her and it was truly an amazing and wonderful show. I laughed, I cried (yes, I cried. Sue me), I yelled. It's a must see for everyone.

10 - Reading. Well, actually I'm not sure if that's one for the list but like movies, I've always been a reader but I sorta went crazy at Barnes and Noble. Usually I spend most of my money on shoes and clothes but I think most of my money this year was spent on books. And plane tickets but that's neither here nor there.

And I'm done. I swear I will get around to my holiday post but the thing is, the camera is in the other room and I'm too lazy and Sex & the City is still on. So..... you know. That's the way it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment